Friday, February 4, 2011

Thirty-One Gifts Recruiting Freeze

I have only officially been with this company for 19 days, I have $780 in orders, 2 team members, and 9 parties booked! Then yesterday - a HUGE announcement from the company, Thirty-One Gifts, that they are growing so fast they are going to put a temporary Freeze on Recruiting any more people into this business because they need to catch their breath! 

It hasn't even come out West yet and so this basically means I am going to be one of only a handful of Consultants in the Pacific Northwest! This is very exciting to me as I build my customer base and look ahead to the future with hopefully a waiting list for my future team! Even though I would love to pursue leadership with this company and start training others, I am very impressed with this courageous decision to get the support systems in place to handle the exponential growth that is happening.

If you have been thinking about doing this business too, or if you know of someone who wants to, they have until Monday, Feb 7th to join before the Freeze goes into affect. They can get more info or sign up here:  http://www.mythirtyone.com/content/join.aspx    Isn't this wild? I have been praying for a job with a dynamic, fresh, growing company and boy oh boy, God came through!!!

Thirty-One is going to use this time to hire more support staff (they already hired 1,000 employees last year to accomodate growth!), they are going to have to hire another 1,000 employees to help support this rapid expansion across the USA!  This is support staff. This is not Consultants. They had 6,000 Consultants join their company in January! They currently have around 30,000 Consultants. In comparison, Mary Kay has over 2 million; Beauti-Control has 140,000; Pampered Chef has 60,000; Party-Lite Candles 68,000 (according to my google searches, these numbers are from company websites).  Thirty-One is currently the fastest-growing direct sales company of its kind in the USA! It makes me feel good that in this tough economy there is a faith-based company that is providing jobs for thousands of people!

Thank you everyone who has been praying for me as I've been searching for a job and a new opportunity. I feel soo blessed to have found something so cute, affordable and fun!  Everyday I have been so happy. Like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and I have renewed energy and excitement!  Maybe by summer they will open up recruiting again but I really don't know. I feel like God has given me this gift: "here, have the whole state of Oregon, Washington and California" -- Hey! It's the tri-state area!! 
(for you Phineas and Ferb fans, you'll get that!)

You can follow me on my Facebook page:  www.facebook.com/adashof31
Click "like" to be allowed to comment and for updates and giveaways!

Here is my Tote-ally Awesome Beach Tote and Thermal Tote I am packing to ride the wave of this success story that is Thirty-One!  Who wants to join me?

3 comments:

  1. I love it Donna Lyn!! Phineas and Ferb - LOL! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! I have been thinking about joining Thirty One as a consultant for a couple months now. I came across your blog doing a Google search. :) I was curious if you could let me know how your business is going/growing. My biggest hesitation with joining this company is asking "favors" of friends and family to host parties for me. That makes me so uncomfortable! Did you encounter this feeling when you first started out? What were some of the first ways you began to grow your business? Anything you could share is much appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting! I know how you feel and I would never want someone to 'do me a favor' by hosting a party. Ick! I'd love to share with you how I got parties going. If you would like to know more, you can visit my website www.MyThirtyOne.com/DonnaLyn and leave a comment there so I can reply to you directly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete